Thursday, January 15, 2009

R-Dawg makes her Annual Appointment

Calling to make the appointment has to be the best part about it. There’s nowhere to go to make the call in the first place, so I ultimately hike around my office building during a break trying to find a place where I can have a semi-private conversation without looking like I’m waiting on an 8ball. Then, once I get through the hold music and a few transfers cause, ya know, schedulers need breaks too, I get someone capable of typing my numbers into a computer. Then start the rounds of personal information, which I get to spout in a public place tring act like its not my date of birth, or my social security number or anything ya know, sensitive. Seriously, if I wanted to commit identity theft, I’d find a chick tucked into a corner on her cigarette break and just listen. Bet I’d get at least half of the personal stuff I need, know where she lives, who she’s dating, AND whether or not she has the herp. Ugh. My favorite moment of today’s call was when the scheduler asked, “Has it been a year since you last appointment?”
No lady. I just like being used as a human sock puppet and calling you is cheaper than maxing out my Visa on 16th and Mission. Got anything for tomorrow afternoon?

Please. ..?

No comments:

Post a Comment